Join Santa Claus and his elves for a magical ride behind Portland’s famous steam locomotives. Vintage rail cars transport you along the Willamette River in the heart of the city.
|Adult||Child*||Family**||Group***||Patron Adult||Patron Child*||$22||$16||$70||$20/each||$17||$12|
*Child: 12 years or younger - children age 2 and under ride free, as a lap child
**Family: 2 adults, 2 children
***Group: 10 or more
2019 Dates & Times
Trains run on the hour – please arrive 20 minutes early.
Tickets typically sell out, so it’s best to purchase them in advance.
|10 AM||11 AM||12 PM||1 PM||2 PM||3 PM||4 PM||5 PM||6 PM||7 PM||8 PM|
|Friday, Nov 29||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●|
|Saturday, Nov 30||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●|
|Sunday, Dec 1||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●|
|Saturday, Dec 7||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●|
|Sunday, Dec 8||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●|
|Saturday, Dec 14||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●|
|Sunday, Dec 15||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||●|
The Holiday Express Train depart from The Oaks Station, located across the street from Oaks Amusement Park and Skating Rink. Look for the big white tent near the end of the road. Will-call is located inside the tent.
Trains depart on time – please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure.
The Oaks Station
7806 SE Oaks Park Way
Portland, OR 97202
Driving & Parking
Trains depart on time – please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure. Traffic on the Sellwood bridge and in the Sellwood business district can be quite heavy, particularly on weekend afternoons, so please give yourself plenty of time.
From the north, take the #70 bus to the SE 13th & Tacoma stop.
From the south, you can take the #70 bus to SE 13th & Tacoma, or the #99 bus to SE Tacoma & 7th.
Consult TriMet’s trip planner for other public transportation routes.
What to Expect
Trains depart on time – please arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled departure.
- All Trains depart from OAKS PARK.
- Each trip takes approx. 40-45 minutes round trip.
- Be on time! Holiday Express trains depart at the advertised time.
- Arrive at The Oaks Park Station at least 20 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- Trains travel on the Oregon Pacific Railroad along the Willamette River in SE Portland.
- Trains are heated. Wear comfortable outdoor clothing and closed-toe shoes.
- Check in at big white tent for will-call tickets and boarding call.
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hot cider and cookies are available at the tent while you wait to board your train.
- Santa will be on each train to celebrate the season.
- The interiors of the passenger cars are decorated with garland, ornaments, and lights.
- Daytime trains offer a variety of scenery and a chance to see wildlife.
- Early dusk trains offer a great chance to see the train decorated with lights.
- Restrooms, shelter, parking and refreshments available at the station.
- Train concessions, t-shirts, videos and toys on sale.
Make your family’s ride on the Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation’s Annual Holiday Express a rail fan’s dream. You are sure to find the perfect gift for the train lovers in your life… regardless of their age.
Due to the structural features and historic nature of the Holiday Express passenger equipment, there is no safe way to accommodate and secure wheelchairs on the train. For this reason the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 USC section 12184) expressly exempts trains of this type from accommodating wheelchair devices.
We are dedicated to making rail excursions accessible to everyone and to making your experience comfortable and enjoyable. Passengers who can board independently or with assistance from their companions are welcome to board the train. On-board transfers cannot be accommodated at this time. Passengers must be able to climb seven steps and then walk at least 85 feet to a seat. We are pleased to offer one of our limited number of wheelchairs to passengers with limited walking ability to get from the tent to train side.
Please be assured that the Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation is committed to making reasonable accommodations to the Holiday Express and similar rail excursions. Our goal is to make the historic rail experience more accessible to Portland residents and visitors. We hope that you follow our progress toward that goal and that one day soon, more of us will be able to ride the rails together. In the meantime, displays and a video are located inside the main tent for all visitors to view.
Please visit the Oregon Rail Heritage Center to see and get up close to the historic steam locomotives and other Pacific Northwest rail heritage themed exhibits. Our Enginehouse is fully ADA accessible.
Due to sell-outs, tickets cannot be exchanged nor are they refundable.
Patron Members of the Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation will received a unique discount code which will get them a discount of about 30% on Holiday Express tickets.
- A code may be used in only one transaction. Please purchase all discount tickets at one time.
- An individual patron member code is good for one discount ticket.
- A family patron member code is good for up to eight tickets.
According to TicketsWest, there are better and worse ways to use the Patron Member discount codes.
If you enter your promo code on the front page of the TicketsWest site, you will have problems having the site recognize your code.
If you go to www.ticketswest.com/promos/pc, you shouldn’t experience any problems.
One also don’t experience errors when entering the unique code from any purchase page for the event.
If you continue to have issues please call TicketsWest at 800-325-SEAT or contact ORHF via email: email@example.com.
Tickets can be purchased through TicketsWest. Tickets will be mailed to you or placed in will call for you to pick-up on the day of your train ride. A transaction charge applies to all sales to cover handling and mailing costs.
Will call is located at the Holiday Express Tent at Oaks Park Station. Tickets will be available for pick-up on the day of your train ride.
Lost & Found items can be picked up at the Oregon Rail Heritage Center during our normal open hours.